Retirement is a time when opportunities abound for you to do the things you’ve always wanted to do. While making the transition can be a little scary, with a positive attitude you can find the joy you’ve dreamt of during this special time in your life.
The key to doing this is to figure out what makes you happy and then do it.
If you worked all your life, you might need to get used to the idea of having so much free time on your hands. You can start by making a list of everything you’ve wanted to do but didn’t have the time. Once you have that done, go back and add the usual activities that you already take part in that are important to you.
Need some more ideas on how to find joy during your retirement years? Read on:
1.) Laugh it up! Focusing on simple things that make you laugh can help you have a great time during retirement. Perhaps you enjoy spending time with the grandchildren or going out to the movies. Whatever it is that gets you giggling – do more of it!
.2. Stay active. You may be tempted to slow down now that you are not going to work every day, but to remain healthy, you will need to maintain an active routine. Activity will also help you feel happy and keep you healthy. You can’t enjoy your retirement if you begin to let your health decline, so make sure you stay in shape!
3. Get a new hobby. Depending on your level of interest, you could become an expert at something new or simply do it as a pastime. You’re never too old to learn and master a new skill.
4. Be sociable. Some new retirees become depressed as they lose contact with the people they used to see every day. Don’t let that happen to you! If you have family nearby, make sure you spend time with them. If you don’t, make it a point to meet new people and develop close friendships.
5. Keep your attitude positive. You’ve got lots of time and opportunity now to begin making new memories. While it may not be easy to transfer from the workforce into retirement, people are doing it every day. Make sure you keep yourself open to new experiences and look forward to each new day. Don’t waste your time with a negative attitude.
6. Go back to work. If you love working, there isn’t any rule that says you have to stop at a certain age. You can find another job or even create your own! If you don’t need to worry about money, you can always volunteer at your local library, church or community center.
7. See the sights! Now is the perfect time to travel! Many retirees get a ton of joy from traveling the world. Shop around if you need to to find the more frugal travel arrangements.
Taking action towards the things that you enjoy is the key to finding happiness in this new period of your life. It can be tempting to sit back and let time just pass by, but you’ll be missing out on so much fun and fulfillment if you do. Start making that list and get going on all your new activities!
Till Next Time,
✿ Want to make sure you never miss a post? Be sure to subscribe to the blog and also to like my page on FB – In The Kitchen With Carrie
✿ I’ve also got a neat little ebook & some checklists for you called Decluter Your Home & Improve Your Life. You get it for FREE when you sign up for my newsletter at the top of the page.
✿ Are you watching your weight? Want to be able to indulge occasionally without guilt? You can with this amazing product: http://livelovelose.EatLessFeelFull.com
✿ Not enough money at the end of the month? I can help you start making a great income from home! Here’s how: http://livelovelose.SBCPowerline.com